Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9: Thankful for......electricity!



Day 9:  Today, I am thankful for the wonderful convenience of electricity.  The picture above is of the ugly  convenient outlets on one of my office walls.  Where would I be without these ugly convenient outlets, though? I really couldn't do very much...

We, as Americans, tend to take such things for granted.  We need power; we look for the outlet; plug in the plug, and magically, the device comes to life.  This amazes me---probably because I don't get how electricity works.  It makes no sense to me!  The ironic thing is that my husband's trade is as an electrician and my brother is a master electrician.  Maybe THAT'S why I don't understand it---they are both  withholding the info from me.  Maybe not.

Can you imagine life without electricity?  Feel free to comment below.
"Jesus said, 'You believe because I told you I saw you under the fig tree. You will see greater things than that.'" (John 1:50)

2 comments:

Traci said...

Amen. Without electricity... well, I just can't even imagine it. When we had a major storm in May, 2008 and were without electricity for about 9 hours, I was uncomfortable. And that was in the middle of the night during a relatively cool period of the year. My first thought was how bad it would be if the power was out for a few days...about the food that would ruin as the refrigerator & freezer warmed up, the dirty clothes that would pile up, not being able to read when I went to bed. Electricity brings such comfort and security into our lives and I am very thankful for that.

Unknown said...

You are so right - there are many things I take for granted. The joy of plugging something in and it just working is an everyday thing for which God deserves thanks and praise.