Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15: Thankful for Technology

Day 15:  I have been gone for almost a week.  Life has come and stood in my way of doing a lot of things this past week.  I have spent the weekend just trying to regain my footings and get going again.
But, I am back now. Yay!

Technology.  What do you think of when you hear that word?  I think of the newest electronic gadget or vehicle.  Technology is so cool!  It definitely makes life a LOT easier.

This is my iPhone.  My husband has been so sweet to me over the past few years and bought me 2 different iPhones.  This thing is awesome (despite the dog-chewed upper edge of the case)!  Technology in a maximum capacity.  I do everything on this device:
1.  Make calls/text
2.  Internet
3.  Notes/Reminders
4.  Calendar of the family events
5.  Calculator & other cool tools
6.  Weight Watchers App to track my food, etc. (So cool!)
7.  Bible App when I don't have my bible around./ Read books (Also cool!)

The list could continue on, but I'll spare y'all.  I'm sure many of you have a smart phone and love it just as much as I love mine.  Most of us have come to depend on these things.  In fact, if I accidentally leave the house without my iPhone (eek!), I will turn back to get it or jump through a lot of hoops to get it sometime during the day.  I actually can live without it, but it just makes life so much easier for me.

Why aren't we that way with the Word of God?

I'm not saying you have to carry your Bible around everywhere you go, but why isn't it such a priority that we will jump through all kinds of hoops to get into it and study it?  Some of you may have that discipline already established in your life, and that is FANTASTIC.  I commend you for that; but so many people put studying God's Holy Word off until the very last.

This should be the most important thing we do.  Studying/reading God's Word should rank #1 on the list (right above "Remember your smart phone when you leave.", "Eat.", and "Take care of your kiddos.")

Do you do that?  Is God's Word high on your list of priorities?

If it isn't, it can be.  God is waiting to commune with you.  He will bless you and your efforts.  And.......I'm pretty sure you will handle your day better when you make HIM a priority.

Turn around.  Go back and get into the Word.

No comments: