Today is Jordan & Hunter's 1st day of school. Jordan is now in the 6th grade and Hunter is the 4th. Wowie! Next year, we will have 2 in middle school. Time is just flying by so fast. Those of you with small kids-- enjoy them. It really does go by so fast. Here are some things that I have learned are very important:
1. Spend those lazy days together. Snuggle.
2. Make sure and institute a family night-it is so important once your kids are involved in sports and other extra-curricular activities.
3. Don't ever put off til tomorrow what you can do with your child today. You will never get that time back!
4. Enjoy and cherish EVERY moment and make each one that you can a teachable moment.
5. Be a fabulous example to your kids. They ARE watching you. :)
6. Always keep God in your everyday tasks. (most important)
7. Have fun! Play! Enjoy!
I am in no way an expert, but these are things I have learned. God only gives us our "children" for a short time. Then they grow up and become adults like us. Have fun while they are little.
Soap box time!.................................................
OK, I have many friends and know many parents who are in such a big hurry to grow their kids up. You know the ones I mean. They are always dressing their child older than they are, trying to enroll them in activities a year or two before they are actually old enough, and my favorite......buying them STUFF that they are not old enough to play with or operate. Some of the parents I know are already talking of buying their kids that are Jordan's age a car. These kids are 11 and 12!!! People...........your child will get there when they get there. Stop trying to hurry the process along. This is not a race to see who can get their child graduated 1st. They will graduate with their class when they get there regardless. Goodness sakes! OK, I'm done.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the 1st day. Seth started school last week and so I included him in the pics, too. All my "kiddos" going off to school today! **sniffle** I am just so proud! It is going to be a great year with many changes and many new things. God is good!!