Wednesday, October 19, 2011

"A Confident Heart" Day 19

Beautiful Texas sunset

Did you know that God desires a personal relationship with us and that he loves us so much?

Of course you do.

But, do you feel it?  I mean really believe and feel that God wants a very personal relationship with you....He cares about our day to day stuff and our little petty, self-centered issues as well.

I ask this because I want each and everyone of you to understand that this God that we love, worship, and believe in----He is REAL.  He wants to commune with each of us individually!

You do not have to go to the church building or talk to a priest or your pastor......you just call out and talk to Him.

Wherever you are.  When-ever you are.  How-ever you are.  He is always there anyway.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to commune with our Heavenly Father on the deepest level that I ever have.  Such sweet fellowship......filled with such amazing JOY through my many, many tears of frustration.  God comforted me.  He communed with me.  He spoke with me. I could feel it!   My heart can barely contain how much joy this brought me!  It is overflowing out onto these pages and feel awesome this morning!  :)

You see, I got a negative physical report from my doctor.  Apparently, I am WAY over-doing it and need to back off a few things and simplify my life even more.  Anxiety has crept back into my life, and it is affecting my health this time.  *sigh*  What am supposed to back off of?  I have 2 teenagers, a youth pastor for a husband, and work a full-time job.  Plus!  I'm the Mom (duh!), so I run the household.  I totally see it.  But, what do I eliminate???  I was so frustrated about this yesterday.  I was in tears; ready to give up.

But, when I opened the scriptures, read my devotional, read my A Confident Heart book chapter again, read my Facebook Bible study posts, and talked to God.......HE SHOWED UP!

I would have a negative thought of worry in my head, and His Word would answer it immediately and comfort me.  I have never had this type of real-time fellowship with my Heavenly Father.  It was so awesome!  I'm hoping He and I can commune again like that really soon.  What an awesome way to show Himself to me that HE is my comfort and I need not worry.
 
I want to share one of the scriptures through which God spoke to me:
"I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.  When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you."  Isaiah 43:1-2

Stay in the Word constantly.  Pray constantly.  You can still carry on your daily duties while doing this.  That is why we are told to surround ourselves with His Word.  Praying constantly doesn't mean you have to be on your knees all day.  Talk to Him all day.  Praise Him for the wonderful blessings as they come, and ask for strength when a tough moment arises.  Life is SO much better when God is with you all day.**

**If you are reading this and you don't know Christ as your personal Savior, all you have to do is call out to Him.  Give your heart to him now.  Ask Him to come into your heart.  All you have to do is believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He came to earth, died on the cross to pay the debt for our sins, and then arose 3 days later. He ascended to Heaven to be at the right hand of his father, God.  Admit you are a sinner and that you need His saving grace in your life.  (Oh!  And make sure you tell everyone that you have made this decision so that they can rejoice with you as well!  Angels will be rejoicing in Heaven, too.)

No comments: