Thursday, October 6, 2011

31 Days of "A Confident Heart" Day 6

from Microsoft Office
"Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."  Psalm 90:14 (emphasis mine)
The memory verse of the week in the "A Confident Heart" study is Psalm 90:14.  We have  a new one each week that we are to TRY to memorize.  I'll have to say that I cannot memorize scripture.  I know, I know...........that is such a cop-out; but I really have a hard time with this.  Memorizing things is like "kryptonite" to me. I was a straight-A student in school, a whiz at math, can read and interpret as good as anybody..........but I just "can't" memorize scripture.

What's a girl to do??

I caught myself singing along with a song on the radio this morning.  I don't know the name of the song (sorry!), but it included the  Philippians 4:13 scripture in the lyrics.....and I was singing along like it was no big deal.
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13
I came to realize just this week that I actually CAN memorize scripture.  All I have to do is sing it!  I absolutely love music.  Any kind of music is okay by me.  I can memorize and sing repeatedly a song that I love (like any good girl can) without even having to try very hard.
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13
Wow.  That not only solidifies the truth that I CAN memorize scripture, but it preaches too!  I have been relying on my own strength to try and memorize scripture all of my life.  What was I thinking?  I can do ALL things through Christ, who gives me strength (including memorize scripture).

I am humbled today.  Thank you LORD that you are my God, and that you DO care about the small things like giving me strength and HOPE.  Praise be to YOU, LORD.




No comments: