Wednesday, September 22, 2010

If Moses could do it...


burning bush
Burning Bush by JPutsch......(Flickr)


I have never had the ability to put into words the thoughts and ideas that are in my mind. I am a great planner and organizer, but I cannot write nor speak to express myself. That is part of the reason I am a "quasi-blogger."
I want to blog.
I want to write.
I just can't seem to get it out on the paper or computer where it really says what I am trying to convey. Actually, as I sit here at my computer and type these words, I am thinking to myself, 'No...that's not right.' or 'How should I say this?".
As a matter of fact, I have never been good at writing or speaking. In high school, I ranked 3rd in my graduating class. I scored high on my SATs and ACTs. I was in the National Honor Society, served as senior class president, and served on the student council. I also failed both my junior and senior year research papers. (Yes, you read that correctly.) I don't how it happened except for the fact that I wrote a whole lot of nothing! There were some random facts and opinions and the grammar, spelling, and sentence structure were excellent! But, by the time the teacher got done reading the paper, she had no idea what I was writing about. I did the same thing in college my freshman year in English Comp 101.
Terrible.
I decided to stick to writing my honey letters while he was deployed in the military and scrapbooking. Now, I can do that! I also decided that maybe God had a different plan for me apart from writing. Then, as I was doing a bible study, I found someone that God used in a big way that had a similar problem as I.

Moses!

The bible says in Exodus 4:10-16

10" Moses said to the LORD, 'O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.'


11 The LORD said to him, 'Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD ?


12 Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.'
13 But Moses said, 'O Lord, please send someone else to do it.'

14 Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses and he said, 'What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and his heart will be glad when he sees you.


15 You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do.


16 He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him.'"


Seriously, how can I not hear that? It's as if God is speaking right to me and saying, "If Moses could do it, then you can do it!" OK, OK...I hear you Lord. But couldn't you ask someone else to write? Ha ha! Just kidding.

I believe God has put the desire to write into my heart and although I do not believe in my ability to write effectively right now, I am going to trust that my Lord God will "teach me what to say." I believe He will speak through me, and if I am obedient to listen and obey, what I write will be a blessing to others and glorify God.

Honestly, i don't know where the thought came from to blog on this specific topic. Maybe I am already being obedient to His calling. Maybe I'm just crazy. All I do know for sure is that THIS is not like me. Lord God I thank you for what you are stirring in my life! :)

No comments: