Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!



Goodbye 2011.

Hello 2012!

As we usher in the new year once again, it brings to mind all the folks out in the world who, in my opinion, foolishly try to predict the "end of the world."  According to some folks, the Myans have it correct with their calendar ending on December 21, 2012.

Really?

Nobody knows, except our Heavenly Father.




I would really like to know ahead of time when "the end" will be, but then that negates the Faith that I have and the trust that I have put in God.  I trust that God will take care of us.  He tells us in scripture what we need to do--trust & believe that His Son, Jesus, came to die for our sins and then rose again 3 days later.  We need to believe. 

So, if we believe, then why don't we trust?  Ahhh........that one's a little harder to do.  I can believe what I don't see, but can I trust what I don't see?  Yes we can because we have God's Word.  We have the Bible which gives us confidence and reassurance that God is with us and will never leave us.  Why worry about the "end of the world?"

I don't worry.  I trust that God is in control.  As long as HE knows what's going to happen (and He does), then I am not going to worry or listen to the hype about the end being near.

Just a thought......

1 comment:

jjschulz said...

Amen to trusting in God for the times and seasons of our lives!

On a sidenote, I got another blogger by the name of Amy confused with you. She was saying some goofy things and it seemed so uncharacteristic of everything that I have read from you. And then I discovered that I was reading the wrong Amy...and I went searching and found you again. Lesson learned- I am a dork. ;)

Anyways, good to find you again!