Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 1: Thankful for Renee Swope

(This was yesterday's post and life happened, so I never got it published.  It's amazing how that happens sometimes!)

I decided, coming off the heals of "31 Days of A Confident Heart", that I would participate in the "Days of Thanksgiving" that many of my friends and family members are doing right now.  I think I will relate it to the Bible study that a group of us are doing surrounding Renee Swope's book A Confident Heart.

Day 1:  I am thankful for Renee's obedience in writing this book.  As many of you know and have experienced, it is tough sometimes to be fully obedient.  Satan is prowling around like a lion waiting to devour us.  Our dear friends tend to discourage us inadvertently.  Our family may distract us from completing the task God has asked of us.
That is why I am thankful for Renee.  Despite how tough it may have been at times, she relied on God's strength and guidance in order to write a fantastic book that touches the hearts of many women around the world.

She also has a wonderful blog that I currently follow that is great as well.  You can check it out here.

Thank you Renee!  Thank you for being so obedient to God's calling on your life.  Thank you for spelling out the hope for a confident heart that we can have when we trust in Jesus.

No comments: