Friday, October 28, 2011

Days 27-28....AM or FM? Word-Association

Jordan
This is my daughter, Jordan.  She is a High School freshman this year, and plays the french horn in the marching band.  The band is doing an outstanding job this year.  In fact, they got a Division 1 rating last weekend at the District marching competition, and are advancing to the Area marching competition this weekend.  Needless to say, much excitement is in the air!

I L O V E music.  I loved being in marching band when I was in high school.  Music reminds me of the analogy in Chapter 6 in Renee Swope's book A Confident Heart.


She talks about having AM thoughts or FM thoughts.  In the book, AM means "Against Me," and FM means "For Me."  This is awesome!

I think if I can put a title or a name on an issue I deal with, then I think I can deal better with it. AM thoughts can be identified and dealt with when they have a name like that.  I also usually have AM thoughts in the A.M. (the morning time), and so it all works for me.  I need a lot of word-association for things to sink in sometimes. HaHa!

FM thoughts are cool.  FM radio is better than AM (in my opinion), so the FM thoughts are the better thoughts.

Word-association.

Love it!

**Once again, I just want to give  little "plug" for Renee's book.  A Confident Heart is a life-changing book!  It is amazing how Renee put into words the many things that God is impressing on my  heart.  Being confident in who you are in Christ is so very important.  Christ wants that deep relationship with you and for you to put your whole trust in Him confidently.  Pick up a copy today!  It will change your life for the better!

No comments: